4-H empowers youth to reach their full potential working and learning in partnership with caring adults. Through 4-H, youth are leading a Revolution of Responsibility – a movement for positive change in every community in Franklin County, Florida. 4-H youth are a living breathing, culture-changing revolution for doing the right thing, breaking through obstacles and pushing our country forward by making a measurable difference right where they live.
4-H is an opportunity we want for every young person because research shows it is a step forward. Compared to their peers, 4-H youth are:
- 2X as likely to go to college
- 2X as likely to pursue a career related to science
- More likely to make healthier choices, be physically active, and avoid risky behaviors
- 3X as likely to give back to their communities
Are you ready to join our revolution of responsibility?
Members– 4-H is open to all youth, ages 5-18, determined as of September 1 of the current 4-H program year. Most youth participate in 4-H through a club, but we also offer some programs in schools, afterschool programs, as well as summer camps.
- Contact the Extension Office to learn about 4-H clubs and activities in your county. (850) 653-9337
- When you are ready to participate in 4-H, ask your parents to complete a Florida 4-H Youth Enrollment Form online at 4HOnline. Paper forms are available for families without internet access: Enrollment Form; Participation Form
- Prepare to “learn by doing” the 4-H way!
Volunteers– Teen and adult volunteers are essential to the 4-H program. In 4-H, volunteers leverage their knowledge and skills to help young people find their own passions and interests. Volunteers serve in a variety of roles; as mentors, leaders for local community clubs, advocates, and educational event coordinators. To get started as a volunteer, visit our volunteer page.